wireless solution for 50 users

crazynick

Weaksauce
What is the best solution to connect around 50 users at once. The room is not that big so I need something that can run together and split the traffic somehow using one ssid.

50 is tough... if you want one device that will handle it, check out Xirrus, they seem to be pretty on top of high density / one device stuff.

it doesn't have to limited to one device. i'm willing to buy multiple, but i'm not sure how it will work and how it can balance out the number of users on each device. my goal is just to have one ssid.

We need more information.

How many levels is the building?

What is the square ft of each floor?

What is your budget?

Is this for outside or inside or both?

it doesn't have to limited to one device. i'm willing to buy multiple, but i'm not sure how it will work and how it can balance out the number of users on each device. my goal is just to have one ssid.

Meru equipment can do exactly this, but you're going to need to specify some more details.

sorry to hijack, but i actually had the same question too,
2 floors/3 need wifi, the one beneath nobody barely uses, the location has two wing
| _ |
|_| |_|

it looks something like this, its size? each wing is about 70 meters
and needs to supply to about 70 laptops

What type of connection experience are you wanting to offer these 50 concurrent users? If it's just internets then that makes things a bit easier. If you need to offer file services then you're going to want to look at multiple APs and a wireless controller to do load-balancing, etc. You could probably get by with a few stand-alone N APs and let the clients hash it out. What is your budget for this scenario? that will be a major factor in the solution(s) recommended.

Back