Wireless Slim Keyboard & Mouse Recommendations?

CircuitsMan

Weaksauce
Does anybody have a quick recommendation for a slim wireless keyboard and mouse? This is for the gaming/HTPC in my sig (not built yet). Price would preferabbly be under $100. I'll try out a few mice and keyboards when I go out shopping later this week.

I'd go with a Logitech G7 if that deal is still on for 40 bucks. And whatever wireless KB you prefer.

I'm running a Logitech Perfomance MX and a Apple Wireless KB that i picked up for 25 bucks
off craigslist for my HTPC if you want to go that route, but that is over your budget.

I'd really like to see more high quality wireless keyboard options without numpads.

I guess we're in a similar situation. I just remember that I'd like the kb & mouse to fit on my small lapdesk which is only 23" wide. Giving 7" for mouse room means the kb has to be less than 15" wide. The K340 is approximately 15.7" wide (see here).

I just noticed that Logitech has bundled the the KB & mouse into the Logitech Notebook Kit MK605m (comes with a laptop riser) which can be had from Amazon for $83.56. If you buy them seperately from Amazon, it would cost $82.28 (silver mouse) and you would get two unifying receivers and a USB extension cable instead of the riser. Personally, I like the look of the black M505 in the combo kit.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I just got the logitech K340. Its slim and small and works great. It also looks awesome. It should fit your requirements perfect. I also have that mouse :) and it too is small but not too small and works and tracks great...

I just got the logitech K340. Its slim and small and works great. It also looks awesome. It should fit your requirements perfect. I also have that mouse :) and it too is small but not too small and works and tracks great...

What kind of range do you get with the keyboard and mouse? I'll have at least 9ft between my HTPC and where I sit.

If your HTPC has built in bluetooth this is what I would recommend:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=016

The 10 key is optional as well.

MH

I didn't think of bluetooth when I picked my HTPC components. I'm trying to search the internet for how to do make a bluetooth-enable PC and the only way I see is to use a bluetooth USB dongle. Most bluetooth keyboard and mice look to be expensive, however bluetooth might be the only way to use a headset later on.

I'm looking for a long range mouse, I'm returning my desktop 3000 with the junk bluetrack mouse. It only reaches around 5 feet, maybe less.

I was thinking because i have cordless phone and wireless adaptor near it that's why the poor range? Does it matter?

I read the K340 has issues with the W, D and Space key being pressed at once.
Not hard to see which games this would be an issue in.

Anyone here with feedback on this?

The wireless apple keyboard is pretty nice, it uses bluetooth, but if you have that it should work with windows I'm thinking. It's very slim, light, sleek, and batteries last a long time in it.

The wireless apple keyboard is pretty nice, it uses bluetooth, but if you have that it should work with windows I'm thinking. It's very slim, light, sleek, and batteries last a long time in it.

I really don't like the silver and white look. Taking all those keycaps off to vinyl dye them plus sending the keyboard to get powdercoated... between time and cash I'd like to think I could do a lot better than that for a lot less than ~$120 it'd cost to get it how I want.

I'm looking for a long range mouse, I'm returning my desktop 3000 with the junk bluetrack mouse. It only reaches around 5 feet, maybe less.

I was thinking because i have cordless phone and wireless adaptor near it that's why the poor range? Does it matter?

I have a MS wireless mobile mouse 4000 at work and it could do 10ft. I would have tested it further but I was having trouble viewing my computer screen at that distance.

What about the enermax wireless kb/mouse?

I've used the enermax aluminum wired kb and if they're the same, you'll be pretty happy with the wireless version I imagine.

The Enermax keyboards look nice, but I don't see the wireless one available at a store I'd purchase from.

I've gone with the Logitech MK605 bundle. I can test it out with my laptop once it arrives.

I received the MK605 kit and it worked okay. Range was 20+ feet. The only downside to this KB & mouse is it feels like its made of cheap plastic. For the mouse, I'd like something that felt a little more solid and had a little texture to it. I have a V220 for my laptop and even though it's smaller, the buttons feel better. With the keyboard, my only complaint is the battery cover feels like it can easily break or get worn down and not snap in place if if I changed the batteries too often. It shouldn't be a problem though as it is supposed to have a 3 year battery life. My final complaint is the laptop stand has only one rubber foot so the stand easily slides/pivots around that foot. Again, this isn't much of a problem as your supposed to let your laptop just sit there as you use the kb and mouse, but it I would feel a little more secure if the stand had two more rubber grips at the front to keep the stand from pivoting.

I'll post again after I've had a chance to use the kb and mouse a little more, which won't be until I get the rest of my computer components and figure out how to put it together. ;)

I read the K340 has issues with the W, D and Space key being pressed at once.
Not hard to see which games this would be an issue in.

Anyone here with feedback on this?

Confirmed! I'm trying to talk with Logitech's customer support, but they're trying to tell me it's just defective and to return it.

Microsoft has their new Arc Keyboard which looks pretty slick. The only major down side I've read is they've replaced the four arrow keys with a rocker key. Also no idea if it too uses phantom key blocking. I just called MS customer service and asked if the Arc keyboard has issue with key blocking and they said they don't know and suggested I buy one to test it and return it within 30 days if I don't like it.

Personally, I may just try and remap the jump key to Alt which isn't blocked by any combination of WASD.

Last edited:
Back