Wireless Routers that can work as Bridges or Repeaters

JohnleMVP

Supreme [H]ardness
Can anyone recommend a wireless router that can turn into a bridge or a repeater?

Buffalo WHR-HP-54g. Too bad you can't buy them right now. Awesome router for the money.

Sorry I didn't help any. Keep an eye out for one though when you can buy them again. They are in a lawsuit that prohibits them from distributing any wireless equipment.

any router that can be flashed with dd-wrt or tomato will work too

I'm using a wrt54g v6 with dd-wrt as a repeater right now, and it works perfect. However I could not get client bridge mode to work at all. Maybe it is because I have the gimp version of the wrt54g, so maybe you would have better luck going with a wrt54gl if you want the client bridge mode.

Thanks for the input. I guess I'll try to get a Buffalo router on ebay or something. I had a WRT54g and found it to be a complete POS when it came to bittorrent. It crashed daily, but its was v4. I'd prefer to stay away from Linksys now. My Dlink DGL-4300 has been prefectly stable.

Buffalo WHR-HP-54g. Too bad you can't buy them right now. Awesome router for the money.

Sorry I didn't help any. Keep an eye out for one though when you can buy them again. They are in a lawsuit that prohibits them from distributing any wireless equipment.

buffalo ftw.
why are they hard to get? :confused:

Back