I am having a problem with my home network. First things first though. I am running 3 computer on this network. Two are wired directly to the router(linksys wireless b), and the other is a laptop connected through wireless. All are running WinXP Home.
My problem is I cant get the wireless node to view shared file on my network, thus the other nodes cannot get the shared files on my laptop. When I go into network places, I see the shared folders on all my computers, but when I click on the laptop shared folders from the wired nodes I get the error:
\\MAIN\My Music is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
When I first set up everything it worked for a night. Then the next morning I started getting the error. All computers are connected to the mshome network. I have disabled all firewalls just in case.
I did have the server dynamically allocating the ip's and now I tried giving each node a static address. Neither option changes the outcome. I also have this same problem with my gf's laptop, so I dont think it is the laptop.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jonathan
My problem is I cant get the wireless node to view shared file on my network, thus the other nodes cannot get the shared files on my laptop. When I go into network places, I see the shared folders on all my computers, but when I click on the laptop shared folders from the wired nodes I get the error:
\\MAIN\My Music is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.
When I first set up everything it worked for a night. Then the next morning I started getting the error. All computers are connected to the mshome network. I have disabled all firewalls just in case.
I did have the server dynamically allocating the ip's and now I tried giving each node a static address. Neither option changes the outcome. I also have this same problem with my gf's laptop, so I dont think it is the laptop.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jonathan