Wireless router for folding??

BinarySynapse

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Feb 6, 2006
Messages
13,984
I have a craptastic Linksys router that isn't very good in its native function. I started wondering if anyone had any detailed specs on it. It's a Linksys BEFW11S4 version 4 Wireless Broadband Router with 4 port switch. I was thinking maybe if it had enough processing power and RAM that it could fold. Possible???
 
ryan_975 said:
I have a craptastic Linksys router that isn't very good in its native function. I started wondering if anyone had any detailed specs on it. It's a Linksys BEFW11S4 version 4 Wireless Broadband Router with 4 port switch. I was thinking maybe if it had enough processing power and RAM that it could fold. Possible???

Those are *really* slow processors, and I don't think Stanford has released a client for that type of CPU. Unless it's X86 or sparc or PPC.
 
mwarps said:
Those are *really* slow processors, and I don't think Stanford has released a client for that type of CPU. Unless it's X86 or sparc or PPC.

I know it runs a form of Linux, but that doesn't mean much. Was just an idea which is why I asked if anyone knew any detailed specs..
 
Fancy that... just a few hours ago I was telling p[H] about how much I hated that very same router. I will have a D-Link DGL-4300 waiting for me when I get home. Once I have it set up, I am taking out all my pent up rage on this router. I am going to throw it at something, or blow it up, or run it over... or something. I don't know yet, but its going to be destroyed.
 
ryan_975 said:
I know it runs a form of Linux, but that doesn't mean much. Was just an idea which is why I asked if anyone knew any detailed specs..

Most devices like this have at most 8MB of ram and even less Flash, which would be too small to fit folding onto :(
 
Don't know about folding on this router, probably not, at least not productively, but you can fold on a Smoothwall. Then you can justify 2 GHz and 1 Gb for your firewall. :D
 
Back
Top