Wireless Router Choices

jubs

Weaksauce
Hi all,
Here is my dilemma.... my wireless router at school sucks! Right now we have a US Robotics Wireless G router (not sure which one doesn't matter it is known for sucking), with 4 computers, one hard-wired, with a cable modem (3 Mbit/s). Problem is it sporadically disconnects, expecially when on our 2.4 GHz wireless phones which auto-channel select.

So not being able to play CS due to lag spikes and temporary connection problems, sometimes for only 20-30 seconds, and overall bad performance, I have decided to buy a new one. What one would you recomment for max 100$ CAN? I don't want problems with telephone interference and I want solid connections that don't drop out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, John

Linksys WRT54G hands down. Plus the added bonus is the 3rd party firmware that is available for this beast that can boost performance and range.

LoStMaTt said:
Linksys WRT54G hands down. Plus the added bonus is the 3rd party firmware that is available for this beast that can boost performance and range.

+1....

Back