Wireless question (random disconnection)

TLobe00

Weaksauce
I just bought a DLink DIR-615 N router not too long ago.

I set it up and everything seemed to be working correctly, but sometimes the wireless won't work beyond locally (I have tried restarting the PCs, multiple times even)... What I've had to resort to doing is logging into the router, clicking on the wireless settings and then clicking save settings (even though nothing has changed and it tells me this as well before I proceed) it then takes 15 seconds I click ok and it works fine again... while this doesn't seem to be much, it is just a hassle to always have to do this.

Anyone know why this may be? I have pondered band interference, only using G/B, Channel settings, but can't seem to find an answer.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Tony

Are you running the latest firmware for the router? If not, update. If you are, try rolling back a couple versions. I've heard very mixed reviews about D-Link firmware.

Not that helpful, I realize, but that's not a very popular router around here because it's not Linux compatible so Tomato and DDWRT (and the other custom firmware distributions, so far as I know) won't work with it.

I know someone with the 615, it was a total piece of junk. Try updating the firmware first though

Actually this is helpful, learning that it isnt all that good of a router is definetely worth knowing... I think I already updated the firmware, but I'll check again to make sure... if not I'll try that and see... if this doesn't help it, then maybe I'll keep an eye out for a better router, lol.

Back