Wireless problem with laptops

jwaggy

Weaksauce
So I get a call from this girl that I know and she asks me to help her set up her wireless network at her house. I've only set up a few of these but I've never had any problems. She tells me that she can't get it to work but I assume she doesn't know what she is doing and that it'll be easy for me. So I get over there and check things out and she has a standard best buy linksys 802.11g wireless router set up. Her computer has a USB wireless adapter and she is able to connect to the internet with it. The problem is there are two laptops with built in wireless that will not connect to router. They detect the network but when attempting to connect say "little or no connectivity." I try to release and renew the IP but it is unable to renew the IP. So I reset everything, disconnect and reconnect it all but it still is unable to connect. Anyone have any ideas what is goin on?

Bring up the wireless utitlity by double clicking the taskbar icon. If your sending packets but not receiving it's an encrption issue.

Back