Wireless print server with Asus RT-N16 setup?

Blindbatts

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to get this setup, but so far can only get this working if I run an ethernet wire from my home router, to the asus box.

basically I have a printer and an external HDD I'd like to share over the network, but I don't want to run any wires to them from the router.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-RT-N16-Wireless-Ethernet-external/dp/B002SISM5W

I tried using DD-WRT on the router, but once I got it all flashed and configured, the USB storage does not auto mount, and this is a show stopper as this needs to be able to be powered off, powered on, unplugged, etc and be able to come right back up.

So I have it running the latest firmware from asus right now.

Has anyone used the wireless on one of these as the uplink? Basically I need it to get DHCP from my wireless router, and share the stuff on the USB ports to the same subnet/IP range as that wireless group - everything in the house is wireless hosted by the main wireless router (Verizon FIOS provided).

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm open to other solutions for fully wireless sharing of the usb printer and usb hdd?

Use dd-wrt and just put the necessary mount commands in a startup script?

I've not been successful in getting it to work with dd-wrt either, I can't seem to get it to connect through the wireless to the verizon wifi router.

Back