• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wireless pci adapter

Andrew_Carr

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Feb 26, 2005
Messages
2,792
I'm looking for a decent wireless card but i just upgraded most of my comp's parts so i'm trying to not spend over 30$
I'm only going to be using this for internet access as well, so I care more about good range and reception than speed. I've been looking at g-rated cards, but I suppose that b would work as well.

What i'm looking at right now is something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=33-156-130&depa=5

But i don't know much about wireless adapters since I've typically used a cable, so i migh've made a stupid mistake somewhere or another in my choice. Any advice is more than welcome.
 
You should probably go with a Wireless G card because it generally has a better signal strength and is capable of 54mbps instead of 11. I had no problems over the summer with my linksys wireless-g card picking up my linksys wireless-g router that was probably around 100 feet away through a bunch of walls.

i recently bought my brother a netgear wireless-g USB adapter (The one that looks like a thump drive) WG111A or something like that and as far as i can tell it gets far better signal strength than my pci card did. i don't know if that is a result of interface or company.

what router do you have? that would help people's suggestions
 
No idea, I just know someone's sending wireless internet into my room with good signal strength for even an iBook G4
 
Back
Top