Wireless: PC to PC is slow, from internet is fine

freakyhair

Limp Gawd
Hey all,

I have an E4200 router with a fairly new HTPC wired to it, and another desktop connected wirelessly using a DWA-552 card (2.4 GHz only). The internet speeds work great, I get the advertised 20Mbit from Comcast, and my pings in TF2, etc are also good.

The problem is file transfers from PC to PC is horribly slow. Using teracopy, I get 17kB/sec. Using Windows file copy, I get <12kB/sec. Copying a 0.5 mB pic is bad, transfering a movie is impossible.

Using inSSIDer, the RSSI is about -49 on my wireless PC.

I've tried google, (and searching this forum), and I'm not finding anything. Am I overlooking something stupid? Is there something else I can try?

Thanks

Log in to the unit and under Applications & Games >> QoS, check that and make sure you speeds are set correct there.

also...... Did you try hooking both PC's up to the router via network cable instead of wifi?

also, Try these troubleshooting steps:

A] With the help of Cisco Connect Software (if at all you have installed the router with the help of this software)
1] Open the software and go to the option which says "Router Settings"
2] Then click on the option which says "Advanced Settings" which will take you to the router's configuration page.
3] Then click on security and disable the SPI firewall.

B] If you haven't installed Cisco Connect then you can log on to the router's user interface using it's default IP address in the browser which is 192.168.1.1 and type in 'admin' as the password leaving the username field blank. This will take you to the router's web interface and then follow steps as mentioned above to make the changes.

Back