Wireless NIC Teaming

aaronearles

[H]ard|Gawd
I've never worked with teaming fast ethernet NICs, mostly because I've never needed to. I'm setting up a server for my dads home photography business and will be unable to run cable, otherwise I would of course do so. I want to know if it is possible, or has it been done, to team two wireless N access points, and two wireless N pci/usb client cards. Of course I realize the APs would have to be set to different channels far apart from one another, or does wireless N even have all the channels that b/g do? I've never worked with N at all.

nobody has responded...

mainly because setting up a server on wireless is a recipe for disaster, but i'm sure you already knew that... which means you're probably pretty desperate

i'd probably look in to powerline networking before trying to do wireless... and is there any reason you can't run cable? i mean really... apart from it being a lot of work... is it an apartment or something you can't get into the walls?

and is he serving to the internet? because as long as you've got connection faster than your internet, you don't need something as fast as wireless N, or even two wireless N cards, so try powerline, or trying moving your internet connection, if its DSL it can be easier, especially if you have a phone jack next to the server... if it is cable, you can get the cable guy out there to run you a new jack, and they're fairly reasonable

Back