• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Wireless mouse recommendation

geraltofrivia

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jun 12, 2012
Messages
409
Can someone recommend me a model? I would like a wireless mouse that is technically very good, but don't want to pay extra for any frills (like extra buttons, lights, fancy design, marketing tax, ergonomics, fancy software, "cloud storage of mouse settings", etc..). Don't care about battery life either.
 
Last edited:
Battery life should be all your concerned about when deciding a wireless mouse, especially if you game with one ( which is why few people do).
 
OK, you've told us what you don't want in a wireless mouse...what DO you want? If it's true that you just want a basic, no-frills wireless mouse then pick any of a dozen basic Logitech or Microsoft wireless mice for under $30.

I have the G700 but since it sounds like that's overkill for you, I'll suggest this one. I use one at work and it's nothing fancy, but the tracking is excellent. The responsiveness of this mouse is on par with a wired mouse, and is as good or better than just about any wireless mouse I've used. Battery life has been great so far as well (I'm going on a month with no signs of needing to change them).

Otherwise, take your pick:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0065 600009582&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Pagesize=50

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=65&name=Mice&Order=RATING

Here's one to consider...3 yr.+ battery life: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/mice-pointers/mice/7108
 
So... wait what? You want a wireless mouse, but you don't care about battery life.

My brother works for P&G (who owns Duracell)...

Battery life should be all your concerned about when deciding a wireless mouse, especially if you game with one ( which is why few people do).

I get as many batteries as I want for free :)

OK, you've told us what you don't want in a wireless mouse...what DO you want? If it's true that you just want a basic, no-frills wireless mouse then pick any of a dozen basic Logitech or Microsoft wireless mice for under $30.

I want smooth tracking, precision, compatibility with high polling rate, low input lag, basically a really nice "core" mousing experience. What is less important is the "bonus" stuff. I also dislike buying products from companies that spend lots of money on marketing.


I have the G700 but since it sounds like that's overkill for you, I'll suggest this one. I use one at work and it's nothing fancy, but the tracking is excellent. The responsiveness of this mouse is on par with a wired mouse, and is as good or better than just about any wireless mouse I've used. Battery life has been great so far as well (I'm going on a month with no signs of needing to change them).

Otherwise, take your pick:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0065 600009582&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&Pagesize=50

http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.aspx?SubCategory=65&name=Mice&Order=RATING

Here's one to consider...3 yr.+ battery life: http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/mice-pointers/mice/7108

I'll check these out thanks.
 
I'm not much of a gamer, but I love my Logitech M525. Not many frills, about $25-35. It's larger than the typical notebook mouse and uses two AA batteries, so it has a good weight to it. I find it comfortable for all day use at my desktop computer.
 
Back
Top