Wireless mouse for gaming - yay or nay?

Reading this thread reminds me of how much more laid-back I am now than I was 10 or even 5 years ago. No cords FTW. Only game I've ever been able to tell the difference in was UT2k4. BFD if that makes me unsophisticated or not a pro.

I do wonder if all these corded advocates also use corded controllers on any consoles they may own.

I can vouch on the reliability of G700 in wireless mode. These mice originally had micro-stuttering issue, but firmware update addressed it. G700 is a mouse that would suit people more used to the bigger rodent and don't palm rest on mouse however, so it won't be everyone's cup of tea.

I want to get ahold of a Naga Epic and see how Razer stacks up against Logitech (now that key mapping is available to the thing) come to think of it...

Been using wireless mice for god knows how long and will never buy a wired mouse ever again. I used to play FPS for a few hours on a daily basis and experienced no lag whatsoever.

Reading this thread reminds me of how much more laid-back I am now than I was 10 or even 5 years ago. No cords FTW. Only game I've ever been able to tell the difference in was UT2k4. BFD if that makes me unsophisticated or not a pro.

I do wonder if all these corded advocates also use corded controllers on any consoles they may own.

Couldn't agree more. When I was originally looking at getting a new mouse for my mobile set up, I couldn't decide whether to go wireless or not. I'm glad I just forewent the wires. I don't play game professionally, I play them for fun. My wireless mouse does not prevent that.

I've been using a Razer Orochi for a while now, because I really like the feel of smaller mice. I also tend to prefer a bit of heft to my mice. Being able to switch between wired and wireless modes is great, since the wire sends data as well as power. Some wireless mice still use wireless for sending data, and only use the wire for power/charging, which was a no-no for me.

I don't notice anything horrible in terms of lag when using the bluetooth. Every once in a while I need to wake it up if I leave it stationary for long periods of time, but that's normally when I get up and go to the kitchen or something. When I want to play competitively, I just plug it in.

Yes. People who say wireless mice lag, haven't used a good one yet. My X8 is perfect, perfect tracking, perfect reactions. Never an issue and charging the batteries is easy since you just connect the cable and you can still game.

Its heavy? Rofl. If you get tired from a wireless mouse, then you must have the strength and endurance of a 1 year old. I sometimes game 12 hours straight and not once do I get tired from the mouse. It actually feels better since I don't over twist it and look too far, I personally find light mouse annoying now.

The G700 seems like a better X8, although I am not sure if it has better or worse tracking.

Its heavy? Rofl. If you get tired from a wireless mouse, then you must have the strength and endurance of a 1 year old. I sometimes game 12 hours straight and not once do I get tired from the mouse. It actually feels better since I don't over twist it and look too far, I personally find light mouse annoying now.

It's not about fatigue, it's about feel. You like it, some don't.

Wireless gaming mice have a come a long way. Ever since the Razer Mamba with a less than one ms response time, wireless gaming has become a-okay. Logitech's mouse is fantastic, and I highly recommend it, and I can honestly say at this point in the game (no pun intended) that the only downside is occasionally having to plug in the mouse during use if you play for a LONG time and kill the battery. :)

I don't have a preference when it comes to wireless. If it's wireless - great, if it's not - great!

The only problem I have with wireless is the charge time and life of them. My friend has a Mamba and he says the battery life in it is great, but there are a few days where you forget to charge it, and you can't use your computer properlly until the damn thing has charged, which I remeber all too well.

I think when I get my new setup and moreover, new desk and cable amangement system i'd like to go wireless eventually.

Back