• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Wireless Media Storage

Ducman69

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jul 12, 2007
Messages
10,561
Anyone have thoughts on wireless storage devices? I assume bluetooth would be miserable performance, and it seems WiFi is the way to go.

Looking for external storage for tablets/phones/etc, preferably something with a car power adapter.

Anyone have suggestions?

I see stuff from cheap HooToos:
http://www.amazon.com/Arrival-HooTo...84067&sr=8-13&keywords=wireless+media+storage

To a little more expensive but capable Sandisk:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

To an expensive but finally decent storage capacity platter based device from Corsair:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1688200382&pf_rd_i=507846

satellite_overview_1_316x226.jpg
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
There are a variety of these available...I dont recall the models off hand..I had looked into this for the car as well. The limitation I ran into was that none of them had a way to remain connected to the internet. You can connect to the hdd wifi hotspot but then not have internet. If you can live with that.. then there are a few even from mainstream manufacturers. As for the power... you can always use an inverter...even a small cupholder style inverter would be plenty to run one of these.
 
Back
Top