Wireless keyboards

Terpfen

Supreme [H]ardness
Alright, I need a little bit of help and advice here.

I recently bought a nice, shiny, new Samsung LN32A550 TV. It has a great picture, has all the inputs I need, etc etc. Well, it has a VGA input, and I'm thinking of hooking my gaming PC up to the TV so as to have all of my gaming devices in one spot--and freeing up space on my desk for my laptop.

I have one problem: the keyboard. I have a USB gaming keyboard I picked up from Best Buy just because I needed to replace a derelict old Dell keyboard. I don't want to run a cable across the room--and furthermore, I don't think the cable is long enough to reach from the tower to where I'll be sitting--so I need to replace the keyboard with a wireless version. I also have an MX Revolution mouse, so I'm set on the mouse front: I'd just like to get a wireless keyboard.

I've looked at Newegg and Amazon, but can't seem to find anything that fits the bill or seems right. Does anyone have any suggestions on a decent--and cheap!--wireless keyboard?

What are your requirements? I would think at least one of the Logitech or Microsoft wireless keyboards would work for you.

I don't care if it's RF or Bluetooth, just as long as it's cheap (I'm talking $20 or less, if at all possible) and won't interfere with the signals from my MX Revolution. I don't care for extraneous features--media buttons, LCD screens, built-in trackpad, whatever. I just need something that'll send a signal across the room without interference.

dude you cant even get a good keyboard with a wire for less then 20$ your pretty much fucked get more money

dude you cant even get a good keyboard with a wire for less then 20$ your pretty much fucked get more money

Responding point by point:

1. Yes, you can get a "good keyboard with a wire" for less than $20. It depends on your definition of "good keyboard" and where you shop.

2. I have plenty of money. That isn't the issue. I would like to spend as little of it as possible.

3. If you're going to point out the obvious, why bother posting?

wire less keyboard and gaming ?

.... forget about it

i have a bluetooth keyboard. Not only does the keyboard go dead once every few days, requiring me to reseek/add a "new" bluetooth device to get my pc to recognize it, but theres to much lag involved.

my free 80 dollar wireless keyboard and mouse are only good for daily use, when gaming i move back to my old crummy keyboard and mouse (wired)

One of my friends uses the Logitech MX 3000 Cordless Desktop Keyboard & Mouse for gaming. He plays MMORPGs and games like Titan Quest, so it's good enough for those.

One of my friends uses the Logitech MX 3000 Cordless Desktop Keyboard & Mouse for gaming. He plays MMORPGs and games like Titan Quest, so it's good enough for those.

Yes, the Logitech ones are not bad, but I would avoid the bluetooth, as I see a lot of complaints on those.

agreed on the bluetooth for gaming... i have a 10 year old RF logitech freedom and it works perfect, tried to replace it w. the mx5000 bluetooth mouse and keyboard and it sucked ass

You might want to take a look at this: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8144837

I picked this up a couple weeks ago and for the price its hard to beat. The only thing that bothers me about it is the keys are very flat/short and the side buttons on the mouse don't have a thumb rest. It's not really a big deal. The mouse is very sensitive and is good enough to game with.

You might want to take a look at this: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8144837

I picked this up a couple weeks ago and for the price its hard to beat. The only thing that bothers me about it is the keys are very flat/short and the side buttons on the mouse don't have a thumb rest. It's not really a big deal. The mouse is very sensitive and is good enough to game with.

I already have an MX Revolution; if I can use the keyboard by itself, then that looks exactly like what I want.

powerade said:
wire less keyboard and gaming ?

.... forget about it

No. I realize a lot of people here think of gaming in terms of multiplayer, but I play far more singleplayer than multiplayer. The only game I've taken online in the past 4 years is Team Fortress 2--and the way that game operates, you don't need split-second reaction time from a keyboard. Even if it did, I usually play support classes--Engineer, Demo, and Medic primarily. I don't need to dodge rocket spam.

I already have an MX Revolution; if I can use the keyboard by itself, then that looks exactly like what I want.

You don't have to use the mouse if you don't want, just set it aside, the USB fob connects both the mouse and keyboard however so you won't be able to use the mouse elsewhere. You can have multiple mice and keyboard connected to a machine simultaneously with Windows BTW.

You don't have to use the mouse if you don't want, just set it aside, the USB fob connects both the mouse and keyboard however so you won't be able to use the mouse elsewhere.

Excellent. Any idea if that bundle is available in a physical store?

You can have multiple mice and keyboard connected to a machine simultaneously with Windows BTW.

Yes, but why bother?

Yeah, I just picked mine up in a store about two weeks ago. It was $28 before tax I think so I think the price has come down.

As for multiple mice, I do for gaming purposes.

If you're looking for something in that price range, I would suggest browsing ebay and some of the FS/FT forums around the net for a Logitech MX set. I think even the MX700 would be just fine for you.

I don't think bluetooth keyboards work in bios's so if you like to fiddle, get a RF one. Most of those work.

Yeah, I just picked mine up in a store about two weeks ago. It was $28 before tax I think so I think the price has come down.

There's a 24 hour Walmart near me. Time to go check them out.

As for multiple mice, I do for gaming purposes.

My MX Revolution has yet to fail me in a game.

Back