Wireless KB combo w/ NON-optical mouse

faring

Gawd
Joined
Sep 27, 2000
Messages
772
Does anyone even still make wireless mice that aren't optical? I'm looking to buy a set for my HTPC. I'll be using the mouse on a glass coffee table and don't want to have to keep a mousing surface handy. I found one cheap-ass set with a ball mouse, but found out that you get what you pay for. It had a range of about 4', and then only if you kept both mouse and keyboard within a few vertical degrees of the receiver.

I'd rather buy a set, but I'll go separates if that's the only way to get both a decent (say 12'-15') range and a non-optical mouse. Ideally, I'd also like the keyboard to have the "multimedia" buttons for player control (FF,RW, volume, etc.).

Recommendations?
 
I have seen these, though never in stores, just on really old machines that no one uses anymore. I would ask to borrow a friends or something to see exactly how bad an optical mouse operates. I heard that the new ones with blue LED's operate very well on previously inoperable surfaces. Logitec has a new line of mice that they claim have a new sensing technology that allows them to be snazzy or something. I wasn't really interested in the article, as I have an MX duo and love it. Let me see if I can find it for you.......

here we go
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=9043

here is the technical brief, I'd pay close attention to the bottom of page 2
http://www.logitech.com/lang/pdf/laser_techbrief-04.pdf

I would get this, test it, and return it if it doesn't work.
 
Back
Top