wireless headphones

El Nacho

Noobie Cheese
Do any of these things actually work? I'm on my third pair in three days. I got my first set for my birthday on saturday. My sister got me these rca's . The clarity was perfect save for a nice hum I heard in the back ground when I had full strength. Though I just had a bad set. Do an exchange for the same thing. Take it home and sam thing happens. The nice thing about these was that you had a dial on the headset and the base to tune to the frequency that work for you. Didnt matter what one I had, I got the same thing.

Take these back and say.....you should try a "good" brand. Head over to circuit city and get these sony's . Hooked them up, and they sound like ass. Not only that, they also have same hum (maybe I should say ringing). Its louder on the sony's also. So I guess my question is. WHAT DO I BUY!!:(

Is it possible that my monitors are causing this?
monitor.jpg
. The reciever has to be close to the monitors (computer is right next to them). I'm going to try to us these on the stereo downstairs and see whats up.

Any other brands to try??

Try moving them away from the monitors. The monitors will cause so much interference it is not funny. They should work on your stereo because there isn't as much interference. So don't try other brands, just your positioning.

so if i turn the monitors then it should be better right??

EDIT: Took it as far away from the monitors as possible, plus I had the m turned off.

Why don't you test the headphones in a completely different room? Test them in all sorts of different ways before you determine them to be flawed.

Originally posted by El Nacho
so if i turn the monitors then it should be better right??

No, not turning the monitors, but moving the reciever away from them. So many electrical components running at high voltage make a lot of EM interference, which your headphones are picking up and turning into sound. Move the reciever onto the desk or something, that will improve things.

If they dont work in my room, they are useless to me. I need them so i can listen to music at night and still be able to do things after 9 pm

If you want to use them with the base around a lot of electrical components (computers, monitors) look for an infrared set, they won't have the interference problems.

I have a pair of Sennheiser RS-85s that I rather like (they get mixed reviews but they work for me). They are in the living room and not that close to anything so signal is real strong and clear.

doing that right now. I'so tried under the desk. I'm going to try plugging it directly into my computer (running it through the z-560 break out box now). Because both had this problem, I want to find out where its coming from. Keep the idea's coming.

I've really thought about IR. It will be good for just in room stuff, but I wont be able to walk around outside my room with them. I might just have to go that route.....

I've really thought about IR. It will be good for just in room stuff, but I wont be able to walk around outside my room with them. I might just have to go that route.....

That's true, thats a sacrifice you'll have to consider.

I'd suggest Sennheiser again, but I am unsure of their IR headphone lineup at this time. Check it out in any rate. :)

I almost got those. but I didnt like ear peice on the head phones. I am gong to try to find something else to plug these into tomarrow when i have more time. I wonder if I do lik you said and move them ass far away if it will help.

EDIT: damn....forgot I posted this in the wrong place....now no one will see it.... :( Thanks for you guys help. I'll keep you updated.

get sennheisers
rs-65 is a good one
i have the rs-45
very good sound, clear, good reception
how good?
i got my pc on top floor, i put music on, go down to basement, and i can still listen to my music
sometimes the signal will get weak, just press the tune button and get the signal again, it runs on 3 signals also.
i did a review of them a while back on ianag, but i think its been taken down since then, you can search and see tho.

above my monitor
theres about 6 inches in between, about an inch of which is wood.
speakers are right next to receiver tho.

I believe as you go up from the RS-45 to the RS 65 to the RS 85, you get some fancier transmitter components and signal isolation with the RS-85 as well as a better headset. But the RS-65s are nice as well.

you have these right? How are the others ones priced?

EDIT: Here are the 65's. I think i'll try the 45's first, and then move of to those if I have too.

I have these, sennheiser's top end in the "RS" series of wireless headphones.

While I don't know what they cost, I'd suggest you try looking for these (IS 380) if you're going to have them around a whole lot of interference producing devices (just about anything electronic). Assuming you don't need to leave the room of course. :)

With my RS-85s I can make it out of my apartment to the parking lot, which is through a couple walls in my aparment and the outer brick wall and another 60 feet or so and still get pretty good sound. Not that I find that to be of much use.

you have these right? How are the others ones priced?

yeh i got those
i think frequency wise all of them are the same, its just the range of sound between each headset that differs. you're obviously going to get richer sound with the 85's, but for my needs, the 45's work great, and the fact that i got them for $55 off ebay doesnt hurt ;)

Just wanted to update you guys. moved them away from the monitors. The only way I could do it was to plug them into my server. But they work. Not as clear as I want, so I'm still going to try those other ones. THanks for you guys help.

Back