• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wireless headphones: any good?

lorcani

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
2,375
I was talking to my brother, and he says he wants wireless headphones. I think they'll mainly be connected to the laptop in his dorm room, and he can just walk around without worrying about cables.

Anyone have any experience with them? What about interference? I've always heard that wireless speakers and headphones don't work well, but I haven't been following them recently. Also, do you think that the ones at Radioshack (900Mhz) would be any good?
 
Just in terms of sound quality alone, wireless headphones suck especially badly for their prices, as a group. For instance, you pay $100 or less for a pair of wireless headphones whose sound quality is just as bad as wired headphones selling for less than $20.
 
They are a waste of money for the most part... You can constantly hear background hiss, static pops (as you move around) and phone calls like to chime in every now and again from analog cellphones that just happen to share the 900mhz band.

They are OK but I wouldn't use them as my only headphones. They are kind of nice if your just moving around the room, doing some work etc. but in a dorm room i'd say stick with wired headphones for the same price you were planning to spend on the wireless set. You will get a much nicer pair of headphones.
 
Not to mention battery life. If the music is cranked, and the further away you get from the base station, the more power gets consumed, and the more you go through batteries. And the quality isn't that good. If he's not worried about that though, you should be able to find some at a local electronics retailer, or Hi-Fi specialist.
 
Thanks for the advice guys, it backs up what I originally thought.

I think I'll ask him about it, and then I'll get HD497s or something.
 
Back
Top