• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Wireless Gaming Keyboard/Mouse Sets

sky.strife

n00b
Joined
Jan 15, 2007
Messages
37
I've been looking around for a wireless keyboard/mouse set to replace my Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard and Wireless Laser Mouse 6000 set (mainly due to the fact that it malfunctions with my new 680i build, and I have discovered that the Logitech set on another computer works just fine on the new build). I've been looking around, and now I'm totally lost in a seemingly overwhelming load of options. =P

So far, the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3200 Laser looks promising, but the mouse that comes with it looks a little... meh.

I really like the idea of the Logitech MX Revolution for it's Vista features (I will be upgrading to Vista just about as soon as it's out), but it's a bit expensive. Hmm..

This machine is built to game, so I want to be able to do that. I've been happy with my current keyboard/mouse set, so something similar would probably work.

I'd really like to have them both wireless, though I could probably live with a wired keyboard (I'd prefer to have it wireless though, I tend to move the keyboard around a lot as I use my desk for other things besides the computer, so moving the keyboard out of the way is much easier with wireless).

However, I've read that wireless is a bad idea for gaming, but I'm not so sure- my combo right now doesn't seem to have any lag whatsoever.

Any ideas? I'd like to avoid having to spend a ton of money with this purchase, especially with an expensive Vista purchase around the corner.

So, can anyone verify the MX 3200's mouse quality? The keyboard looks stellar, but the mouse is so-so. Also, is it possible to use another Logitech wireless mouse with the combo without another receiver? That'd be neat, but I doubt it.
 
I don't want to be the person who looks dumb by bumping their own thread a bunch of times, but it's going to get lost back here. So, yes, I'm bumping this thread. =/
 
just to give you some love. IMHO i would not use a wirelss keyboard and mouse for gaming. In my experience i get a much better responce from my wired components. and as far as which one is better than another search the forums there have been huge debates on this subject and i wont start going into another.
 
I don't game much but my dinovo edge and mx rev has great battery life and doesn't seem to suffer from any lag. This may be due to the end user or other devices interfering with the signal. I would look into logitech's G series, they seem to offer a wide range of products and have been highly recommended by pretty much everyone. Going wire or wireless is really up to the end user.


Hope that helps.
 
Back
Top