Wireless Ethernet Bridge WET54G ... dynamic IP trouble

Mandragus

n00b
I am trying to get a wireless ethernet bridge WET54G to bridge two networks. It's working in a rudimentary way, but I am having trouble getting dynamic IP on both sides of the bridge.

At present, the config is ...

WAN -> wired router (DHCP server) "X" -> wireless switch "Y" -> { wireless connection } -> WET54G -> wired switch "Z"

I can readily communicate to the WET54G and to "Z" from clients connected to "X", any time, so the basic transmission/reception is working.

However, I have failed utterly in all configurations to get clients that connect to switch "Z" to receive IP addresses from the DHCP server. If I can't get this to work then the WET54G is going to be returned, since my need is to connect a locked-down corporate laptop to "Z", and it requires dynamic IP.

(I should clarify that "Y" and "Z" are actually both routers, but with DHCP disabled and connected only via LAN ports, so equivalent to switch. I should also say that I can connect clients to "Z" using static IP, and things work OK. But that doesn't meet my need.)

Can anyone suggest a config that would work?

Alternatively, if someone can tell me for sure that this *doesn't* work with the WET54G, that would be helpful. In that second case, if there *is* a device that will work, I'd love to know about it (e.g. will it work with a modded WRT54GL?).

Thanks for any help!

Cheers,
M

Back