Wireless earbuds with Mic that is not bluetooth?

[L]imey

[H]ard|Gawd
So I bought a pair bluetooth earbuds, and they sound great when used in high quality mode on my laptop. Unfortunately, I didn't know that codec for using the microphone is shared with the low quality sound mode.

There's no way to get the High quality sound AND microphone working at the same time :(

I need a small set of earbuds that will let me have both, so I assume bluetooth is out of the question based on bandwidth limitations.

Does anyone know of a usb based set of wireless earbuds with a microphone?

It has to be earbuds as I'm running out of space in my backpack and need it to fit in a small carrying case.

They exist but they're not cheap... and for consumer products, if they're not bluetooth, they're a proprietary standard on the same frequencies that require a dongle. It's quite a damned if you do/don't situation as 2.4Ghz is so oversaturated that you likely won't get interference free sound anyway. At this point, your only other option for high quality sound is NOT going to be wireless and USB. You'd still need to run the receiver through a sound card.

Headset Microphone Wireless Systems | Guitar Center

And those kinds of setups add a significant amount of bulk.

You're honestly better off using a USB headset with a 6 foot+ cord.

Corded is not an option, I move around way too much.

I agree with you though, Bluetooth blows. Unfortunately wireless for PC in general is a hodgepodge of mediocre standards on an overburdened range of spectrum. There's a reason the prosumer and professional stuff tends to have dedicated bases with longer range antennas. A lot of these also run at much lower (UHF) or higher (5+Ghz) frequencies, depending on the use.

Back