Wireless drivers, Airsnort, and Kismet

Retne

Limp Gawd
Well I kind of grew lax in linux over the past year since I started gaming more my desk is completely windows, and since my current wifi card doesn't have a driver for linux, my laptop partition of linux has a bit of dust collected on it(bassically I'm rusty).

Anyways to the heart of the point I figured I would ask here since there seem to be a good amount of knowledgable *nixers here.

I have a D-Link DWL-650 rev.P pcmcia card which(from what I can tell) is usingthe Prism3 chipset. Now I know I can get the card to work on my slack partition but what I'm really looking for is compatability with Kismet and Airsnort. I'm not sure if the Prism3 chipset drivers will work in either or both. Seeing as both websites don't get updated much(and when they do they never list the supported cards in detail) and I don't want to go through the hassle of recompiling my kernel with the drivers for this card just to find out it will not work in either.

I've already posted in the Airsnort sourceforge forums but it really looks like most questions go unanswered there. I'm betting that if it works with airsnort it will work with Kismet because Kismet looks to support(according to thier respective websites) a LOT more cards than Airsnort.

Anyone know or have a link to an updated list of cards supported for these cards?

Back