Wireless Displayport...?

Methadras

Supreme [H]ardness
Is this or has this come to fruition yet? I'm on a venture to go as wireless as possible with all of my peripherals. Does anyone know of someone who has done this or has tried this? Wireless keyboard and mouse? Check. Wireless printer? Check. Wireless router? Check. Wireless sound? Still working on that. Wireless dual 30's? Don't know if it's possible yet.

Anyone can help?

That's a lot of data to send over a cable, let alone via radio(s). I know they have wireless 1080p video transmitters but I've personally never used one, so I don't know how well they work.

That's a lot of data to send over a cable, let alone via radio(s). I know they have wireless 1080p video transmitters but I've personally never used one, so I don't know how well they work.

I'm going to venture a guess that if it did work, the lag would be horrendous.

You think so? In what way? Cost or setup?

Well, i'm assuming you have a desktop system. The whole point of wireless technology, to me, is portability. On the go. Why go to the trouble of having a wireless system for desktop equipment that never moves, wires can be hidden easily enough.

Not to mention you still need a power cord.

Though, broadcasting from any device to a single display could be handy.

If you wanted to, there are ways to set up a small screen on radio. It has severe bandwith limitations, IE 480p. You still need a base station radio, as well as a battery for both of them. I did hear of a gtx 560 that had wireless display, dont recall who made it though.

Back