• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Wireless desktop card or Ethernet?

weemanbran

n00b
Joined
Dec 6, 2007
Messages
36
I just moved into a 5200sq ft house and am about 15ft vertically and about 20ft horizontally away from a D-Link DIR-655 XTreme Draft-N Gigabit Router

I have always tried to stay away from wireless connections because I have always had bad experiences of random "farts". I use the PC primarily for gaming, so I would really like a solid and consistent connection.

Currently, I am using a LINKSYS WUSB54G IEEE 802.11b/g USB and the connection is absolutely horrible. So, my question is should I wire my 50ft ethernet cable to the PC or will something like LINKSYS WMP300N Draft IEEE 802.11n 32-bit PCI give me a solid connection.
 
My setup is about the same and I have 0 issues. You're really not that far away from the router, so you should be fine.
 
It's no contest -- if you can go wired, go wired. It's better in every way except for the wires.
 
Back
Top