Wireless D-link PCI adaptor crahing pc, What new do you reccomend?

mytiburon

Limp Gawd
Ive had it with this d-link card, the dwl-g520, it constantly crashes xp, im want to return that P.O.S and pick up something new. What do you recommend, im using a di-624 dlink 108mbps wireless router at the moment. I do game a fair amount and i would like my new card to be able to run at the full 108 mbs but if this is not possible with a different brand, then i guess i'll upgrade both, unless a solid 54mbps pciu card is all u think i need.

I haven't had any problems with the Intel 2200 b/g card in my laptop. I'm only working at 54mbps and haven't had any problems with WoW.

I have that same gay card (dwl-g520) and I will concur, it's a complete POS! It works great for surfing, but after about 5 minutes of transfering big files (isos, movies, etc) it bluescreens :( If they would update their drives it would be great----becuase thats where the problem lies ;)

I had a G-520....the thing was actually 100% incompatible with some systems. It's one of the worst cards D-Link ever released. I've been happy with my Belkin MIMO N setup for nearly 6 months now...works flawlessly. :)

thanks for all your help, i broke down and got a d-link dwl-ag132 usb 108mbps adapter. So far so good, seems to run much smoother, and great signal. *******Crosses fingers***************
I guess if this goes south i know what else to look for.

Back