wireless coverage

AY786

Limp Gawd
Is there any way to improve wireless coverage as main computer is in the loft and router is connected downstairs to main phone line. The router is the rangemax next dg834n and the wireless adapter is the rangemax next wn121t but still im having poor signals.

The router downstairs is on the floor and is next to a cordless phone as they both share the same line so i cant do much there. Ive heard of wireless repaters etc but do netgear make these? What about a wireless access point, i know netgear do these but can this be used as a wireless repeater etc?

Try changing channels...
Also in difficult areas for wireless..I said "screw wireless" and used powerline adapters..which worked great when used in pairs..but range into on issue the time I tried going with three. Probably fixed with firmware upgrade by now. But when used as a pair...was just as good as if I had run ethernet. Solid and fast.

But if your cordless phone is "right there next to it"...it'll continue to screw with your wireless no matter what you use for range extenders, etc...it's simply conflicting with the frequency. Try getting a diff freq phone.

Turn your antennas 90 deg. Think of the shape of the signal as a doughnut with the antenna being a stick going through the center. Basically turn the doughnut on it's side. It worked in my case.

Back