Wireless Broadband Setup in remote area

baxr6

n00b
Hi All,

As we can not get adsl/cable or anything other than mobile broadband at our place of business I'm after some ideas on how to set it up a little better.Our current set-up is via big pond plan which is 12GB and entirely to small.Secondly the modem they have provided is the BP3-ext (see here) and we also have an external antenna on the roof for better coverage.The problem is the modem is usb only and has to plug into one of our computers and it shares the internet with the other 15 computers.What I would like to do is the following.

1. change to internode as there mobile broadband plan is slightly bigger
  2. Run my own router so it can be plugged straight into the switch

the problem here is the router I choose would have to utilise the antenna as well as be compatible with the internode usb stick.I assume the internode stick has a sim that can be transplanted into the router?.

As most of our data is consumed on plans via email I thought about having a local set-up that retrieves all the emails and then employee's could check the local set-up so that not everyone is downloading the plans.

as you can see I a little out of my depth :(

Does anyone have any ideas on this, Or how I could go about it.

Call internode. You're not the only business that's had this problem, I'm sure they have a router they can suggest that will help.

You need to speak with one of their business plan sales engineers.

Back