Wireless Bridges

maverick786us

2[H]4U
Can someone suggest me some good inexpensive Wi-Fi bridges, which I can connect with some device which has LAN, but no Wi-Fi?

I am searching for some Wi-Fi bridges in Newegg and other sites. But it shows me routers instead of bridges.

Ubiquiti Nano Station M2? Get two of them and point them at each other. With line of sight I imagine you could get pretty fantastic range.

Ubiquiti Nano Station M2? Get two of them and point them at each other. With line of sight I imagine you could get pretty fantastic range.

Why these bridges are so expensive? These bridges are more expensive than the router itself

Why these bridges are so expensive? These bridges are more expensive than the router itself

Seriously? They are extremely cheap at ~$50 each. Sometimes I wonder about this consumization of technology....we still buy $1k APs all day long at work.

But I do not think they are what you are looking for. They are designed to do long range bridges, like up to 15+km long range.

If you are just trying to get a wired device on a wireless network, something like one of the Linksys Media Adapters would be fine.

The Ubiquiti wireless stuff is awesome. We have 3 sets of bridges between multiple sites and they are rock solid.

Thanks. Does all these wireless bridges have a LAN port so that I can connect a device to make it work wireless?

If you live on a large lot where 2.4GHz channel interference is a non-issue just pick up a preferably WRT54GS hardware version 3 or lower or even WRT54G hardware version 4 or lower since they have more flash memory and DRAM and install OpenWRT Backfire 10.3.1 that has working wireless bridge. They're going for about $20.

I think the OP is just looking for an ethernet->wifi dongle to add wifi to some device that has an ethernet port but no integrated wifi. He's not looking to run wifi between buildings.

No, he wants something like in post #4.

He has wifi and a wired only device he wants to connect to it. He just needs a simple $20-30 device to make his wired only device connect to his wireless network.

I recently got this one for my Netduino+ 2 and it seems to work well: http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WR702N-Wireless-Repeater-150Mpbs/dp/B007PTCFFW

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think the OP is just looking for an ethernet->wifi dongle to add wifi to some device that has an ethernet port but no integrated wifi. He's not looking to run wifi between buildings.

But...what you are suggesting....is still wifi:cool:

He prob wants something like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Ubiquiti-AirWire-Plug-Wireless-Ethernet/dp/B003Z53K8Q

No, he wants something like in post #4.

He has wifi and a wired only device he wants to connect to it. He just needs a simple $20-30 device to make his wired only device connect to his wireless network.

I recently got this one for my Netduino+ 2 and it seems to work well: http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WR702N-Wireless-Repeater-150Mpbs/dp/B007PTCFFW

I apologize if you were unable to understand my exact requirements in the original thread. Yes I have a printer which has LAN but no Wi-Fi, so I want to connect with a wireless bridge, which can be connected with my wireless router, so that my printer can be used like a WiFi printer.

Yes I can directly connect the printer with the router using LAN. But my Wifi router is in the other side of the house and this printer which is a 40 pounds device, needs a trolly, cannot be placed near the router, because the size of the room is very small.

@gangolfus this TP LINK Nano Router that you have mentioned, are you sure that it is a wireless bridge? In the specification, they have mentioned that its a nano router. Can it be used like a bridge?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
@gangolfus this TP LINK Nano Router that you have mentioned, are you sure that it is a wireless bridge? In the specification, they have mentioned that its a nano router. Can it be used like a bridge?

The description says: "Supports AP, Router, Client, Bridge and Repeater operation modes". Client mode allows it to act as a wifi bridge. That is what I bought it to use it for.

Back