• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Wireless Bridge Recommendation

Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
61
I recently put WPA encryption on my wireless network and my Linksys Wireless B Gaming Adapter can no longer give wireless to my Playstation 2 because it only supports WEP (And it can't even work with WEP right :rolleyes: ). I figured a wireless bridge would be good because my PC is right next to my Playstation. I could then ditch the wireless card in my PC (freeing up a PCI slot for other purposes) and hook up both the PC and Playstation to my network via the wireless bridge. Would this work? I don't know much about wireless bridges.

Please recommend a wireless bridge that works with Playstation 2 online. Also if I hooked up my PC and Playstation via a wireless bridge would I just setup the WPA encryption through the bridge and then connect it to the PC and Playstation like normal? Also my wireless router is a D-Link DI 624+ so I need a bridge that would work with that.

Thanks!
 
What type of device is you main router? If its a LinkSys: just get a LinkSys access point, enable bridge mode (Look in the manual), come out of the AP into a switch, plug in your other machines to the switch. This should get all you devices on the network. Make sure you check the documentation on the bridge you choose, because most require that you use same manufacturer and/or device on the other side of the bridge.
 
lotik said:
What type of device is you main router? If its a LinkSys: just get a LinkSys access point, enable bridge mode (Look in the manual), come out of the AP into a switch, plug in your other machines to the switch. This should get all you devices on the network. Make sure you check the documentation on the bridge you choose, because most require that you use same manufacturer and/or device on the other side of the bridge.

My main router is a D-Link 624+ like I said. Any ideas?
 
Sorry, I completely missed your router type in your post. I think what may be easiest is just get this:

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=333

The main reason is because to use an AP in bridge mode the device you are bridging must be in that mode as well. This would basically disable your wireless router's main purpose.
 
Back
Top