wireless ap at school

nurv

2[H]4U
Me and some of my friends are setting up a wireless ap in one of the rooms at school. We need to signal to at least reach the surronding rooms. How is this possible without alot of ungodly large antennas?

Well you can buy signal boosters which seems to help. Also location is the key, try placing the AP in different locations and see what yelds the best results.

depends on the school of course but they may not like you running your own wireless network

yeah i would check with the school, that's just asking for those l33t hackers out there to get in....

YEA, you may want to ask the network admin! *cough* hmm, funny i live the same place you do and i'm network admin at a high school. wonder who your network admin is

Hmm are you the guy in the red shirt who gave me the dvi-vga connectors today?

Originally posted by LittleMe
YEA, you may want to ask the network admin! *cough* hmm, funny i live the same place you do and i'm network admin at a high school. wonder who your network admin is

Originally posted by nurv
I came and tried to talk to you after school but no one was in your office.

meeting at the district, oddly enough to talk about such rouge access points and the setup we are going to be installing in the next few months.

rogue- my ap? setup-something new? (wireless)

Me and cade are going to go in and talk to you at some point tomorrow.

Back