Wireless adapter and new antenna

dadili

n00b
U have this AWUS036H adapter. and I bought this antenna but it doesnt work with my adapter, not antenna, not even base of antenna.
can somebody explain why?

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Who can't recognize what? You made it sound like the antenna wouldn't connect to the connection tip. Does your computer not recognize the wireless adapter? That doesn't have to do with the antenna. Can you not see your wifi you're trying to access? We need more details.

I can connect my new antenna to my adapter. adapter works with it's default antenna and can capture many wireless signals, but when I connect my new antenna to my adapter it doesnt capture almost non wireless singal. but new antenna is stronger one

Ahh okay. I've found unfortunately that external antennas are not very well made. Have you given it look over to make sure it's not physically damaged anywhere? Are you using the extension cord?

it is not damaged. With and without extension cord it doesnt work. I dont know why. Is it problem with SMA/RPSMA
my new antenna has female connector and adapter has male connector. I can attach one to another

Back