Wired VDSL2 router?

nakedhand

2[H]4U
My ISP decided to switch to VSDL2, and they are forcing a wireless router (Netgear VVG2000) on me. As I do not want wireless, I will be buying a wired VSDL2 router myself. I looked a newegg first, but nothing that I could find.

I found a few here:

http://www.idpc.com/planet-technology.htm?gclid=COfRysbu4aUCFcfe4AodvDVd2A

http://www.globalsources.com/manufacturers/VDSL2-Modem.html

And I have no idea what is the better choice here... I only need 4 ports as I have a nice 8 port Gb switch.

Maybe some of you guys have some ideas or experience with this, any suggestions are much appreciated.

I guess the distance to bandwidth deterioration relationship is the explanation that this technology is not very widespread in the US. Seems to be getting traction in Europe since 2008.

What's wrong with the wireless router? You should be able to turn off the wireless portion in the setup page.

It's a combo modem/router...so if you want to get rid of it, you'll have to get a pure bridged DSL modem.

If you don't want the wireless, like above suggested..just log into the web admin and turn off the wireless.

For minimal troubleshooting with your ISP, it's generally a pretty good idea to stick with the modems that they deploy/support.

What's wrong with the wireless router? You should be able to turn off the wireless portion in the setup page.

That solves eveything. Thanks, I just stopped caring for it when I saw it was wireless.

It's a combo modem/router...so if you want to get rid of it, you'll have to get a pure bridged DSL modem.

If you don't want the wireless, like above suggested..just log into the web admin and turn off the wireless.

For minimal troubleshooting with your ISP, it's generally a pretty good idea to stick with the modems that they deploy/support.

Sounds good then. I am real happy its a combo. Thanks for the quick solution guys. :)
That just made everything so much easier!

Back