Wired mouse that accepts the best switches?

duronboy

Gawd
I see people upgrade their "professional" gaming mice with new switches and I want in. I don't want to pay for a gaming mouse, however. I don't have an internet connection with zeptosecond-response times, and even if I did, my eyes don't.

For years I've been replacing my mice switches with these little tarts from digikey:

pannyswitch.png

I think every mouse I've opened up recently sported one of these little toots. They're rated at 5 million actuations, but I feel like there's no way I click that much before they start failing.

That leads me to looking for dust-proof switches, because I think loost particles is what's causing premature failures in these bastards.

Enter the TTC Dust-proof Gold. Gold.

61eYoJnNOKL._AC_SL1024_.jpg

Oooooh, pretty! Ok, I don't give a flip how they look, and even if I did, they're hidden once installed, but they do look neat. More importantly, they're rated at 30 million actuations. How, if at all, that compares to how the 5 million the pannys are rated, I don't know. If you look at switch rating specs, it gets as messy as rating speaker power handling and amplifier power output.

Problem is, I generally see people popping these into mice that run between $50 - $300. Anyone know of a $25 or below option that accomodates this different, longer form-factor switch?

Right as I posted this, I thought I'd check my cheap-o dynex mouse I got for less than $10. Bazinga. It has the thing.

So yeah, you could have the part that counts(*as far as longevity) in a very expensive mouse for just a few bucks and some soldering.

20220611_070720_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back