WinXP Recovery PLEASE help!

Glow

Supreme [H]ardness
I see this when I'm in XP recovery.

C:\Windows
Which instalation would you like to log onto? So what to I type to repair or logon or whater?
what do I type to repair XP after: C:\Windows

you have entered the recovery console. it is indeed a misnomer. reboot from the xp cd and proceed as if you were going to do a fresh install, that is, hit enter to install windows when it asks instead of hitting r to go to recovery console. it should detect the previous installation and ask if you want to repair it or continue with a fresh install. choose to repair it from there

Yeah thats what I did I go into I hit R to go into repair windows instal. Then after I hit R it shows:
1:C:\WINDOWS
Which windows instal would you like to log onto <To Cancel,press ENTER>?
I then push 1 then it shows:
C:\WINDOWS.

So I don't know what command to type there.
Or do I go into setup windows instead of the Repair windows XP install and hit R in there instead?

Originally posted by tim
hit enter to install windows when it asks instead of hitting r to go to recovery console.
i forget the exact order, despite just doing it the other day, but on one of the early screens, you can either choose to install windows or go to the recovery console. YOU DO NOT WANT THE RECOVERY CONSOLE. you want to just install normally. later, it detects your windows install and asks if you want to repair it, and there is no mention of the recovery console at that point

please reread my other post.

Back