WinXP problems. Please help.

Campos

n00b
The first thing that happened was when i went to shut down my computer, clicking the shut down button, my computer would just sit idle and never shut down(or go to standby). Now it never shuts down on its own, and for some reason i can no longer run or even install itunes. Any thoughts or advice?

Campos said:
The first thing that happened was when i went to shut down my computer, clicking the shut down button, my computer would just sit idle and never shut down(or go to standby). Now it never shuts down on its own, and for some reason i can no longer run or even install itunes. Any thoughts or advice?
Have you done a hard shutdown?

sometimes my computer refuses to shutdown, you just gotta kill it and let it know whos boss...

Load regedit (start / run / regedit) and browso to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop then in the right pane look for a string value called "AutoEndTasks" and change its default value from 0 to 1.

That trick should help a lot if not solving your issue :D

oldmx

Thanks OldMX, but that didnt work. It went to the point I couldn't open any programs because it said windows was shutting down. After substantial time i rebooted it myself, any other ideas? and any idea why my PC refuses to let itunes work?

Back