WinXP: Office 2003 - AutoArchive Problem

StarsFan4Life

Limp Gawd
I have a user that we setup the auto archive feature on their machine. The archive file (pst) is stored locally on the machine.

I have set the auto archive to the following (*'s represent a check on the checkboxes):

* Run AutoArchive every 1 days
* Promt before AutoArchive runs

During AutoArchive:

* Archive or delete old items
* Move old items to: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

The user noticed yesterday that there is a month of emails missing in both the Exchange mailbox and the archive folder. Basically in the Exchange mailbox, the Inbox shows emails back to 6/12/2009. In the archive, the last email put in the Inbox was 5/18/2009. Basically it looks like when the user did the archive, the emails were not moved correctly or just deleted. How the hell could this happen? Is there a way to recover these? I don't get it, during the "AutoArchive process", the status would show "moving from inbox to inbox" meaning it was moving from the Exchange mailbox inbox to the archive file inbox.

Help!

Does the user only log into a single machine?
If the user logs into multiple machines, the archives could be spread all over those machines.

Back