WinXP: Dynamic Disk Unreadable

PS!

Weaksauce
The other day I tried updating my RAID card drivers... (Silicon Image 3132 built-into my MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI Mobo) When it came back my system was unable to see my disk.
Screenshot of Unreadable error

It's a RAID0 array. Two Seagate 200Gb drives configured as one drive, one partition of 400GB.

I tried doing a system restore, and it says E:\ cannot be restored because it has been removed/removed from monitoring. There's no way to roll back drivers, either.

Aside from the array being a little fragmented, it should be fine. There have been no changes to the partitions or array since I've updated the driver... Any suggestions on how I can recover? Anyone ever see this?

I'm pretty pissed as I hadn't backed up in a little while and there's quite a large number of mp3s and other important files I need to recover. :( :confused:

Ideas? I'm about to reinstall Windows to try and get back to the original driver...

While I cannot offer you any suggestion apart from trying something like RAID-destriper, I am curious as to why you were running dynamic disks, given that you are using your controller for RAID-0?

Does the controller BIOS see the RAID-array correctly?

I don't recall exactly why/when it was converted to a dynamic disk. I haven't tried any software tools yet.

During bootup, the raid controller sees the array as healthy/fine.

if the RAID controller sees it as fine, you may be in luck. Now how to make windows understand that the drive is fine?

Back