WinXP and slave Hdd

Mekanic01

Gawd
With how picky WinXP is with hardware, will it lock up if I use a slave hdd from time to time for storage. I have an 80gig hard drive that I will be using as my main, but I have a 20g, that I need to extract data from, and a 8.5g that kinda works (grinding sounds) that I also need to extract data from. Will Windows get screwy becuase of the hardware swapping?

I didn't experiance any problems when I rotated 3 harddrives through my XP system to get all the data I wanted off.

Yeah, changing hard drives shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't switch out hte master with windows installed on it.

Originally posted by Zwitterion
Yeah, changing hard drives shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't switch out hte master with windows installed on it.

That would be badness, definately

You should not have a problem....though I ran into trouble with using cable select on my WinXPHome system. But it could be just me since I added a DVD-Rom drive and had to reregister even though that was my first hardware change. But since I went back to using the jumpers(master for the main drive with windows on it, and slave for the ones I change out.)

Oh and didn't you here? It is called secondary now you RACIST!:eek:

Just kidding.....thats PC for yah.:p

Back