winver not updating

DF-1

2[H]4U
I moved to windows 10 edu around 4/6/16 from win7 ultimate.

I was told that after 30 days windows 7 recovery would be erased and that my winver would be updated from 10240 to the latest one, but it has been almost 2 months now and it hasn't.

I did delete all of the old windows 7 files manually from the hard drive just to save space.

windows recovery still shows windows 7 as an option.

I tired multiple online fixes, something about putting in cmd start bits, stop bits, and deleting the update folder among other things, nothing worked. of course I kept trying to make windows update, and im not deferring updates.

not sure why its not updating

I moved to windows 10 edu around 4/6/16 from win7 ultimate.

I was told that after 30 days windows 7 recovery would be erased and that my winver would be updated from 10240 to the latest one, but it has been almost 2 months now and it hasn't.

I did delete all of the old windows 7 files manually from the hard drive just to save space.

windows recovery still shows windows 7 as an option.

I tired multiple online fixes, something about putting in cmd start bits, stop bits, and deleting the update folder among other things, nothing worked. of course I kept trying to make windows update, and im not deferring updates.

not sure why its not updating
The proper way to clean the files is to use Disk Cleanup and check the box that clears the recovery files. If you manually deleted stuff something might be screwed up.

If you have access to Education 1511, you can burn that to an disc or USB drive then run the setup and do an in-place upgrade from there rather than Windows Update.I did it for Enterprise from 10240 to 1511 and it worked great.

The proper way to clean the files is to use Disk Cleanup and check the box that clears the recovery files. If you manually deleted stuff something might be screwed up.

If you have access to Education 1511, you can burn that to an disc or USB drive then run the setup and do an in-place upgrade from there. I did it for Enterprise from 10240 to 1511 and it worked great.

I tried disk cleanup (but maybe after i deleted it manually) and it did delete some stuff....

I did back those files up just in case somewhere, should i put the old win7 files and then do disk cleanup?

Back