Wintsch Labs Arctic Web 437Watt + P4 670 (Questions)

The Doc

[H]ard|Gawd
How far could I push a Pentium 4 670 with this cooling setup? I'm interested in trying this product; however I noticed the company's website is down. Are they still in business? Lastly, would this cooling setup be a worth while investment if I want to push my processor as far as I can without having to drop $1,000 on a phasechange setup?

The Doc said:
How far could I push a Pentium 4 670 with this cooling setup? I'm interested in trying this product; however I noticed the company's website is down. Are they still in business? Lastly, would this cooling setup be a worth while investment if I want to push my processor as far as I can without having to drop $1,000 on a phasechange setup?

They when out of business. Refer to last thread of the following link posted by Devin, former owner of Wintsch Labs.
http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=193997

Wintsch Labs Artec Web 437W CPU TEC Assembly w/insulation and S478 mounting harware ~$175
Meanwell S-600-24 Power Supply, 120Vac Input ~$160
Iwaki MD20RZ(T) Coolant Pump, 120Vac Input - ~$160
Swiftech Pump Relay, Version II – Meanwell/Iwaki AC Input Power Control ~$23
Thermochill HE120.3 with (3) Panaflo FBA12G12H1BX 104CFM Fans - minimum radiator/fan capacity ~$166
1/2-inch ID Tubing ~$5
Misc: wiring, connectors, clamps, grease etc. ~$25
Total ~$715 + shipping

Vaporchill LS - $755 + shipping
http://www.overcool.com/exec/category.asp?userid=12117571087335&cat_ref_id=3917

I see your point just go for phasechange instead it's a single unit instead of having to buy multiple parts. I assume that I can use the Vapochill unit without having to install it to the bottom of a case correct?

well, one of the few things in favour of the pelt solution is that it is pretty easy to splice a GPU cooler into the loop........but yeah, by and large, phase change makes quite a lot of sence, especially with a mini-furnace like a P4.

i don't think that you would necessarily need a pump as bad-ass as the iwaki, however it would help you run the fans on the rad a bit slower at least.......

DFI Daishi said:
well, one of the few things in favour of the pelt solution is that it is pretty easy to splice a GPU cooler into the loop........but yeah, by and large, phase change makes quite a lot of sence, especially with a mini-furnace like a P4.

i don't think that you would necessarily need a pump as bad-ass as the iwaki, however it would help you run the fans on the rad a bit slower at least.......

You've been roughing in your peltier/water-cooled CPU for some time now. What are your system specs/results relative to cooling, CPU heat load and overclocking?

DNA said:
You've been roughing in your peltier/water-cooled CPU for some time now. What are your system specs/results relative to cooling, CPU heat load and overclocking?
i actually had to abandon the pelt until i get some time off after exams.

running stock air, and i have been since about 2 weeks after i got the new rig up and running.

i need to cut some new neoprene gaskets since i was getting condensation with the ones that i made when i first put things together. not hard, just time consuming.

Back