• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Winter Cooling?

jordo_99

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
67
I'm debating whether or not I should re-arrange my room and put my computer by the window. I have a 250mm side fan and I could easily use that to pull in cool air from outside (or just air that is close to the glass that gets cooled).

1.) How bad is the condensation effect of doing this? I like in nebraska (poor me...i know), which is humid, very cold and gets a decent amount of snow.

2.) I should be alright with just leaving the window closed (stupid apartment isn't sealed very well) but I'm just thinking that I might want to do an extreme OC sometime when it's like -10F this winter.
 
I wouldn't worry about condensation from moving cold air into your case. Cooling a hot surface doesn't produce condensation, but heating a cold surface does, so long as there's moisture in the air. Think "cold beer can / warm beer can".

I actually do the same, sort of, in the winter. A good time for OC'ing.
 
10104031A~Arnold-Schwarzenegger-Predator-Posters.jpg


Do it.
 
Winter cooling is fun in the cooler parts of the world. I used to vent outside air directly into my watercooled rig. We'll see what I can do this year, with an actual fat paycheck :)
 
Back
Top