Wintech Sucks it Down™

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Wintech Electronics, responsible for such PSUs coming to market like the Ultra X2 Extreme Edition 750w which would have been a much better product if it was marketed as a doorstop, is rumored to be going out of business by some of its customers. A quick check of its website finds…..nothing. I think Paul and I share the same feelings when we say, “Good riddance!” Hopefully we hear something official soon.

Too bad, I need a extra doorstop for my shed...

Well, there goes my Abit/Wintech set-up. Next your going to tell me I can't get a Via processor for a main stream mobo.

Its too bad how these PSU companies try to shove shit down our throats.

Good riddance.

I guess now it is time to see who everyone at Wintech goes to work for next.

I am currently a customer of wintec. i spoke to my sales guy on 8/29/2008 and they are not closing. unless this is a new development.

However it does not makes sense to just close without downsize first. When I spoke to some wintec employees, they said that they are still shipping hundreds of intel processor to Newegg on a daily basis. and thousands of wintec memory to newegg.

If wintec was really going out of business, they would close some of their branch office first.

I am currently a customer of wintec. i spoke to my sales guy on 8/29/2008 and they are not closing. unless this is a new development.

However it does not makes sense to just close without downsize first. When I spoke to some wintec employees, they said that they are still shipping hundreds of intel processor to Newegg on a daily basis. and thousands of wintec memory to newegg.

If wintec was really going out of business, they would close some of their branch office first.

Wintech not wintec

My mistake, i read wrong, it says "wintech" not wintec.

However Ultra is owned by tigerdirect, and they are not going anywhere.

I gots some nice ram from them. Nice Black and Fast AmpX series

My mistake, i read wrong, it says "wintech" not wintec.

However Ultra is owned by tigerdirect, and they are not going anywhere.

Ultra does not own Wintech. Wintech is/was an OEM that Ultra uses/used.

I don't know what companies think sometimes when they produce crap, and for other companies to blindedly buy these products and sell them with their names on it destroying their own reputation.

Companies tend not to announce their closure until it is too late. If they said they were shutting their doors every creditor would be calling them relentlessly. Assuming they are declaring bankruptcy to shield themselves from their debts, there is no reason to do so until the bankruptcy announcement. You continue selling your product as normal trying to get as much cash as you can as few people are going to buy unsupported pc equipment.

Never good to hear about a company going down.
Wish the owners better luck on their next endeavor.

I noticed that it is very hard to find Ultra cases right now. I am sure I am one of the few that actually had a pleasant experience with their products. I am still running one of these MicroFly MX6 Micro ATX Case w/ 600 Watt XVS PSU and it has lasted through two motherboards, 3 cpus all overclocked and the following video cards (X1800XL, HD 3870, HD4870). Honestly I have no complaints it works flawlessly and I for one will miss this case if the rumors are true.

Its always good to hear about shady disreputable companies like this going under.

I only wish all similar companies could share a similar fate, unfortunately theres no shortage of stupid people keeping companies like this in business.

I noticed that it is very hard to find Ultra cases right now. I am sure I am one of the few that actually had a pleasant experience with their products. I am still running one of these MicroFly MX6 Micro ATX Case w/ 600 Watt XVS PSU and it has lasted through two motherboards, 3 cpus all overclocked and the following video cards (X1800XL, HD 3870, HD4870). Honestly I have no complaints it works flawlessly and I for one will miss this case if the rumors are true.

Ultra is not going out of business.
Wintech, one of the PSU OEMs that Ultra has used, is going out of business.
Since Wintech made PSU's, I doubt their demise will affect the availability of Ultra cases in any way, shape, or form.

It's much more effective if you read the postings so that you have a clear understanding of the discussion.:D

Since Wintech made PSU's, I doubt their demise will affect the availability of Ultra cases in any way, shape, or form.

It's much more effective if you read the postings so that you have a clear understanding of the discussion.:D

I also read the article wrong, but thank you for clearing it up. I was worried because I have an X3 and love it. One of the reasons I bought it was due to their Lifetime warranty. I wasn't planning it being a "lifetime of the company" warranty.

Its kind of amazing to me the lack of reading comprehension in this thread alone.

Half the people think ultras going out of business, the other half thing wintec is going out of business and the rest of us are like WTF people its just a shitty PSU OEM biting the dust read the article already.

I agree....reading ftl.

Good riddance I say. There are plenty of solid PSU OEMs out there (CWT, Seasonic, etc.) that the loss of one crappy OEM might actually be a boost for the market in general.

I agree with the other guy that questioned you :p Why? They sucked! Their PSU's were flaming turd piles. SRSLY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yagisencho
Indeed it was. I had not one, but two motherboards destroyed by separate flaming Ultra PSUs. Never again.

OUCH! That really bites. Did Ultra send you a second one as a replacement?

No, I didn't want to risk another one. The second PSU was in a separate computer that I'd built not long after the first (before it blew). I didn't expect the second one (different model) to explode as well, so I hadn't yanked it from that system. Live and learn.

I also read the article wrong, but thank you for clearing it up. I was worried because I have an X3 and love it. One of the reasons I bought it was due to their Lifetime warranty. I wasn't planning it being a "lifetime of the company" warranty.

I've had an exceptional experience with ultra and their products, particularly the x3 1,600 ;)

Donnie, you're out of your element.

Back