WinSAT just randomly starts up

cannondale06

[H]F Junkie
ever since I got my GTX670, WinSAT will randomly start up every few days. it turns aero off and the starts using 25% of my cpu. after a few minutes its starts loading my gpu up too. obviously it can be turned off somehow but I have never ever seen this happen until getting the GTX670 which is odd.

Right-click Computer (from the Start Menu or desktop if you have it enabled) > Manage > left pane click on Task Scheduler > look at the list of tasks in "Active Tasks" section, find "WinSAT" and double click it, click "Delete" on the right pane, etc.

By default on new Windows 7 installs, WinSAT is set to automatically run at 1am if I recall correctly (time might be different... or modified by other things). Why Micrsoft wants this to happen is beyond me, I delete this automatic task on all 7 installs I do.

edit: you can alternatively just search for "Task Scheduler" in the start menu too.

but why has it just now started to be a problem? I have never noticed it start up before on either of the Win 7 computers that I have owned.

and I already disabled it right after I started this thread so do I actually need to delete it?

but why has it just now started to be a problem? I have never noticed it start up before on either of the Win 7 computers that I have owned.

and I already disabled it right after I started this thread so do I actually need to delete it?

First time you were around your computer at 1am?

I don't know. Even though it's supposed to go off at 1am every day, I don't think it always does for some reason. There have been times where I'm gaming during this time and it doesn't happen. I think it requires some amount of time spent idling near/during 1am before going off. One night I noticed this happening and I flipped my shit to figure out what was going on.

Disabling the task is all you need, but I went another step further and deleted it. Required? No. Worth a shot? Maybe?

I don't know what else to tell you, I doubt this has anything to do with your GTX670 though.

First time you were around your computer at 1am?

I don't know. Even though it's supposed to go off at 1am every day, I don't think it always does for some reason. There have been times where I'm gaming during this time and it doesn't happen. I think it requires some amount of time spent idling near/during 1am before going off. One night I noticed this happening and I flipped my shit to figure out what was going on.

Disabling the task is all you need, but I went another step further and deleted it. Required? No. Worth a shot? Maybe?

I don't know what else to tell you, I doubt this has anything to do with your GTX670 though.
I am pretty much always on my pc at 1 AM Sunday. up until 3 weeks ago I had never see this start up before and I have been using 7 since it came out. it freaked me out as I thought something was wrong when areo just turned off by itself and my pc became sluggish.

Back