Winrar

vict0r

[H]ard|Gawd
ok..

why would I get winrar? I guess the correct and true answer is : I need winrar and I don't have it.

so I go ahead..I download it..what do I get? a RAR file.. so wtf .. I downloaded Winrar because I need Winrar because I DON'T have it and what you give me is a RAR file to UNRAR in order to install WINRAR?

bah..some people are just plain stupid...

Err...from what i can tell, WINRAR comes as an exe file...at least it has every time i have downloaded it.

You must've not gotten it from the official WinRAR site. Lots of... lets say... less than legitimate places release everything in a RAR archives, which is the standard. But you wouldn't be downloading from one of those places...

http://www.rarsoft.com/download.htm

winrar COMES as an .exe file.... I have downloaded it THOUSANDS of times. I install it on every computer I work on. :)

The OP may have been confused by the icon, which makes it look like a rar file. Unless he did get it from somewhere else, then it is probably a virus. In any case, licenses are lifetime, unlike those of us that got shafted by WinZip, where our lifetime licenses are no longer valid because Corel bought them and got greedy.

Back