• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

WinRAR command line

sandmanx

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Mar 22, 2001
Messages
9,901
I'm using WinRAR 3.51 regged. I was wondering if there is a way to set a compression level of a single file type in the command line. I use the -M5 switch for the archive, but I currently use the -ms switch for pdf files. I'd like to pdf's to M1 compression level, as it does slightly compress the pdf files, and there are 5000+ pdf files. There are also 5000+ txt files as well, so I do not want to change the global setting compression level to a lower value. Unfortunely the -M5 setting takes too long on pdf files to use it on these files. I didn't see any switch that would allow this, something like the -ms switch where you could set a compression level. Is this possible?

Here is my command line setting currently:

c:\progra~1\winrar\winrar a -r -M5 -MD4096 -Y -O+ -Ppassword -EP -ac -vn -ep1 -agDD-MMM-YY -mspdf;jpg;mp3;zip;rar -apGulfMedia-D "C:\backups\web.rar" "S:\*.*"



I'm figuring no one may know, but I figured it was worth a shot. I already emailed their support about this but I don't know if or when they will answer.
 
bubbles said:
You can't have 2 different compression levels in one archive.

You can actually, but you can't control it from the command line. You can change the compression level while an archive is compressing and the compression level will change.

Here is the response I got from their support when I emailed them:

Sorry, but at time such option is not supported by RAR as switch.

I will send your suggestion to our developer.

Best regards,
Klaro at WinRAR-Support
 
Back
Top