• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Winnie 2 Venice, need adivce!

zeddikus

n00b
Joined
Apr 29, 2005
Messages
10
Hello everyone,

I currently have a 3200 Winnie at stock I bought about 8 months ago ('round the begining of '05). It's a great little CPU and all, but I'm juggling the idea of replacing it with a Venice no higher than 3200 as well.
See, my system is housed in a Shuttle G5 (v2). I am making the move to mid-tower (and PCIe), as I got tired of the Shuttle, and want more room and control over my computer.
So should a spend the money for a new Venice, or keep the winnie? Are the revE's that much better, and SSE3 that important to merit an upgrade? I must say I plan on keeping this next system and CPU for a long time. I'm not a power user on my comp, the most multitasking it has seen was Winamp+internet+DVD rip/burn. And I'm only an average gamer. Don't care about pricey cards and super FPS, as long as it plays well, I'll be happy. Granted, I am on a budget as well. So what do you guys think? Is it worth it?
Thanks to everyone who replies! :)
 
Oh, I'm also looking to do some overclocking, nothing extreme, just a nice boost in performance. Like 2.4-2.6

Zeddikus
 
Overclock that Winnie. See how far it takes you, and if it doesn't go high enough, get the Venice.

Full Folding Ahead!

 
Justr sold my Venice because my Winnie clocked higher. Only because it says Venice, doesn't mean it o/c better.....
 
Thanks everyone, I guess I take that advice, and see what I get in the end. Thanx a lot! :D
 
Back
Top