Winners of Cooler Master’s ‘Case Mod World Series 2016’

HardOCP News

[H] News
Since January, case modders young and old have been busy in their basements, driveways, kitchens and bathrooms, taking over just about any place they can find. Many spent hundreds of hours putting both craft and creation to the test in pursuit of a title in the world’s largest modding competition. We held events on four continents introducing people to local modders, gear, and training in the art. All of this culminated in over 120 worklogs and entries, of which 82 made the final submissions. Scratch-built demons, giant critters, cyborgs, orbs, and monsters roamed among the many high-class tower mods trimmed and dressed with the best materials and sharp designs. The scene’s biggest names – Peter Brands, Richard Keirsgieter, Richard Surroz, Ronnie Hara, Brian Farrell, Ermanno Bonandini, and Antony Leather – gave scores that came down to the decimal point. Over 21,000 votes also piled up in just a week for this year’s two People’s Choice Award winners.

It was hard judging this year - so many amazing entries. I hope they do build logs here - HardOCP is currently my favorite forum for worklogs (over even OCN and Bit-tech - I personally post here but not at either of those other sites now and I read these forums not theirs). H has been very good to me over the years and very good to modders in general.

I think this is becoming more of an art competition than a PC competition at this point.

These are just amazing pieces. All of them. There isn't a bad bunch in the batch. Hats off to all of the creators with such incredible vision and skillz.

Back