WindowsXP SP2 Doesn't have native support for burning DVDs?

MATTRESS

Gawd
I like how in explorer, you can pop in a blank CD-R, drag and drop files into it, and burn it without any additional software.

When I put a blank DVD in my dvd burner and try to explore to it, i get "Incorrect function", and I'm assuming Windows doesn't have native support for burning DVD media, is this true?

Are there any hacks or power tools available to add support for this? I came across a free ISO Recorder powertool which is pretty useful.

Thanks for any help!

XP does not natively support DVD burning.

If you google "free dvd burning" you will get many results. I don't know which free one to recommend since I bought nero.

Phaedrus said:
XP does not natively support DVD burning.

If you google "free dvd burning" you will get many results. I don't know which free one to recommend since I bought nero.

^^^
In a nutshell!

There aren't any windows patches that support DVD burning. You need to use a third party app, of which there are many many many ;)

Last I checked Windows XP Pro SP2 didn't even have native support for DVD playback.

mike2323 said:
Last I checked Windows XP Pro SP2 didn't even have native support for DVD playback.

What? If you mean play DVD movies... then no depending on your Window Media Player configuration... but if you mean it can't read files off of the DVD player then you're certainly wrong.

That would be a nice addition for vista.. :) But, then MS would get sued by the makers of DVD player and burner software in addition to getting fined by various european, asian, and prolly third world countries too, for "anti competitive practices".. :rolleyes: You can't give the customer what they want anymore... :(

Back