Windows98 Problem/HELP

slane

Limp Gawd
Ok here's my story. I have a accounting system here at work, last week i noticed some bad sectors on the drive and it wouldn't boot. I managed to get it to boot and copy 99% of all the files off the drive, files that were not copied were not important and did not affect the operating of the system at all.

I'm in the process of building a new system for it, I have installed windows 98 on the new system. The accounting system has a mess of Oracle and Access databases on it and i don't want to go through the hassle of setting all this up and configureing it etc.

I got the new system up and running , took the drive copied all the files from the old system over, it detected the new hardware, fine,ok great. Now to the problem. :p

I have some things in my System Properties which DO NOT apply to the new system. Is there a cleanup tool of somesort that will clean up the registry and such to reflect the new system? As well if there is a easier way to copy all the old files from the old drive to new, i welcome them, i welcome any suggestions outside of installing and configuring the ORACLE database.

PLEASE HELP! THANKS!

You could try something like Registry Mechanic. It'll get rid of invalid registry entries, pointers to non-existant files in registry, etc.

RavenD said:
You could try something like Registry Mechanic. It'll get rid of invalid registry entries, pointers to non-existant files in registry, etc.
i second that. registry mechanic is a good program.

Back